Thursday, September 1, 2011

What time I am afraid....

Some days I take for granted the fact that I was raised in a Christian home and taught to learn lots of Bible verses, and know the Bible stories, and how much God loves us. Then something happens and reminds me not to take it for granted.

So my thought for the night is this:

I am going to do my best to stop taking for granted that God loves me and won't give me anything I can't handle. Because, in my taking for that granted, I assume that God won't give me anything hard, because I don't like hard or handle it very well. But that's the point of trusting God through everything. I don't have to be able to Handle it. HE will help to handle it if I will let Him. And in order to do that I have to stop thinking that when He says He won't give me anything "I" can't handle, He doesn't mean by myself. I am very thankful that I was raised to know that. And I am also thankful that God gives things in my life to help me remember not to take it for granted.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment